Thursday, September 16, 2010

Albi

Today the group of us took our first official trip into the city of Albi. The day began at the local university where we met our French professor for the semester. Our classroom introduction was followed by tours given by one of six students who are currently attending the university. From my understanding, these students will be spending a considerable amount of time with us, as they are sort of adopting us for the semester to show us around the city. In exchange, they have been invited to the monastary and the trips we'll be going on from Ambialet. The girl who showed Becca and I around is also named Melanie...which, by the way, sounds much more delightful when pronounced with a French accent (but then again, what doesn't?). We were then given a tour of the city...we saw La Cathedrale Sainte-Cecile d'Albi (the video and pictures I took really don't do her justice) and the City Hall where everyone gets married by the Deputy Mayor (who we had the pleasure of meeting). To top it off, I went to my first itty bitty city cafe where I sipped on my first French cafe le creme. Magnifique!

No comments:

Post a Comment