Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Case of the Missing Coffee Machine

It was a dark, rainy night in Ambialet. The group had just sat down to dinner when someone noticed the coffee machine was missing. It wasn't near the sink as usual, nor was it inside the kitchen waiting to be cleaned. In fact, it was nowhere to be found. Petty to some, the coffee pot is a way of life for Dr. Woods, Kerstin, and me. Without the coffee, we can't function. I thought to myself, "How exactly will my projects or grad school applications be completed if we don't have a coffee machine?"

Deeply troubled, we had to go to bed with worries for what would come (or not come, rather) in the morning. Would we be drowsy for the rest of our days in France, or would our sacred caffeine machine magically reappear? In Dr. Lynch's wise, understanding words: "I don't drink coffee, but I know what people are like without it."

Thankfully, all the lessons I ever learned reading Nancy Drew and and playing Clue Junior didn't need to be put into practice because Kerstin was able to find the misplaced coffee pot on a shelf in the kitchen before our French class began this morning. Once again, all is well in Le Prieure.

*Here's a link to the sitcom that Dr. Woods told us to watch at tonight's dinner (also about someone's misfortune with a lack of caffeine).

No comments:

Post a Comment