Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Pronino Foundation


With Thanksgiving quickly appoaching, I have been giving great thought to everyone and everything in my life that I have to be grateful for (as cliche as that may sound). And as I count my numerous blessings, I frequently think about the street kids who forever touched my life in Honduras. About one and a half years ago, I traveled to Honduras with my university to The Pronino Foundation, an orphanage that has been organized to take children as young as three or four years old off the streets. Nearly all of the children living at Pronino have, at some point, been involved with gangs, drugs, abuse, or a combination of all three. The story of every boy there is really nothing short of a miracle. They have experienced more suffering than you or I can imagine, yet these kids are now the happiest, most thankful people I have ever met--all because of Pronino. Their resiliency is absolutely admirable; their joy for life is something that we should all be striving for on a daily basis.

It's my hope that all of the boys I met in Honduras will someday be able to go out on their own, land a successful job, and continually spread more of the same love and kindness that they showed me. As such, I strongly urge anyone out there in the blogspot world who wants to make a charitable donation this holiday season to consider Pronino. I can promise you that the boys there will genuinely appreciate it.

http://www.pronino.org/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment