Friday, November 19, 2010

Bienvenue, Weekend!


It's a Friday night in Ambialet and I am celebrating the weekend by watching Julie & Julia with some of the crew. I'm loving this because:
A. I'm in France watching a movie that [partially] takes place in France. I walked the same Parisian streets as the infamous Julia did just two weeks ago.
B. One of the two stars of this movie is Amy Adams, whose role in Enchanted seems to have given reason for people to serenade me as I wait on their tables back in The States.
C. The movie is based on Julie's attempt to complete all of the recipes in Julia Child's cookbook in just one year and publish an account of her experience in an online blog. In many regards, her experimental blogging is precisely what I'm trying to do. And just like Julie, I find pleasure in knowing that you (whoever you are, wherever you are) are taking the time to read this right now!

The Julie/Julia Project


Julia Child's kitchen in the American History Museum. Taken during a trip to D.C. with my best friend in August 2009, I knew this picture would come in handy someday.

P.S. The movie just got better. "A Bushel and a Peck" is being played in the background.
P.P.S. "A Bushel and a Peck" was my first favorite song ever.

2 comments:

  1. I love that movie! My cousin is kinda doing that but with better crocker! lol. I am glad you are enjoying france! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison: you better believe that Betty Crocker's not going to have anything on us when we make dinner together next semester ;)

    ReplyDelete